Closing date for applications: 31st January 2016, early applications are encouraged and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis before the deadline
Duration: 24 month contract – renewable
Location: Andavadoaka, SW Madagascar
Start date: As soon as possible
Remuneration: Competitive salary based on experience and commensurate with living costs. Contribution towards relocation, medical coverage and on-site food and accommodation.
Summary Job Description
Blue Ventures is seeking a dynamic and independent Site Leader to lead development and delivery of BV’s strategic vision for integrated conservation initiatives in the Velondriake LMMA, which recently gained Marine Protected Area (MPA) status by decree. The site leader will also oversee activities in neighbouring LMMAs Teariake and Manjaboake.
The candidate, reporting to the Community Conservation Coordinator (CCC), will have a passion for working with communities and be committed to living in a remote area to build relations with partner communities. The successful candidate will have a strong background in development and/or conservation to provide leadership, guidance and technical support to our multi- disciplinary and integrated team on the site. Working in close collaboration with national-level programme technical leads, the site manager will line manage site-based programme coordinators overseeing projects relating to sustainable fisheries, community health, community-based aquaculture, mangrove conservation and education, as well as supporting implementation of programme monitoring and evaluation and overseeing BV’s on-the-ground support for the Velondriake MPA. The site manager will liaise frequently with our office in Toliara as well as other stakeholders in southwest Madagascar such as NGOs, private sector partners and government bodies.
- Excellent level in French or Malagasy language, plus excellent English
- Advanced degree in environmental sciences, environmental law, development studies or
- At least 3 years experiences managing community-based projects, ideally in conservation or environment, and/or protected areas in an African context
- Willing to live and work for extended periods of time in remote communities with little access to amenities
- Strong leadership skills with a high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all social settings
- A strong team player who is friendly and willing to participate in a wide range of tasks
- Thrives in multicultural environments
Applicants should send a cover letter and a recent copy of their CV (with full address, telephone and e-mail contact details of three professional and academic referees), along with the application form to email@example.com. Please include the reference “Site Leader Velondriake” in the subject line. The closing date for applications is 31st of January 2016.
More details, download the ToR : 2016-01_ToR_Site Leader Velondriake LMMA_Eng